Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

28 days

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jedsia, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
  2. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    That looks very good. I want to see it NOW.

looks like a kinda good RE movie.

edit- watched the six minute one, now plz. I want.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2003
  3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i watched that trailer before i knew it was a scary movie i was like ahhh! :distress:

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Darn, my subtle warning didn't work....

It does look good though. The "independent" look threw me at first, but I think it's done that way on purpose.

5. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    you mean how artificial the zombies look?

I think it was perfect for a trailer, made me sure as heck want to see it.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i meant i saw it a while ago, before this post.

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    speaking of "scary" type movies, I finally saw identity on Friday...very unexpected content, I liked it.

8. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/28DaysLater-1123236/

I'm gonna go see it tomorrow afternoon, anyone see it yet? It's getting great reviews (I don't always go by them, but it helps...)

"Scary, satisfying, ironic, uncanny and exponentially smarter than 99 percent of over-produced Hollywood horror, "28 Days Later" breathes credibly contemporary new life into the laughably clich├ęd concept of the walking dead. "

sounds good to me.....

"And if you still want to know what's the point of all this chaos and bloodshed; aside from being the coolest-as-s**t zombie flick of the past twenty-five years, there's also a cunning comment or two about violence in media, social rage and mankind's need for a worldwide timeout.
    Not for the feint of heart, high of blood pressure or loose of stools, 28 Days Later ranks severed-head-and-shoulders above half-baked horror shows like 2001's Alejandro Amenabar's lackluster The Others. And even if Boyle's brew isn't as creepy as, say, Gore Verbinski's 2002 remake of The Ring, clever filming and crafty performances, not to mention Alex Garland's (novelist of The Beach) scalpel-sharp script keep 28 Days Later's plot boiling over with gruesome grit and genuine glee. "

Note: this movie is not for Jakeman :D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003
  9. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    talking about The Ring...

I just done watching Ringu (the original, Japanese version of The Ring)..I thought it was scarrier than the 2002 remake. The nmew one relied on special effects more to make it scary, while the original didn't....it was just scary as hell!! Freaked me out! But if you liked The RIng (new one) I suggest renting this one...I thought it was more artistically directed.

10. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    most of the time I agree and prefer the origional over the remake, and generally the foreign over the hollywood, but I thought the Ring was better this time. I guess my biggest beef with Ringu is they used the 'psychic father' bit to make huge leaps and get from one plot thread to the next, while in the Ring, they spent more time in plot development and hammered it out.
    Regardless, both were great.

11. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yea, i agree with the over use of ESP

12. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    28 days was good. not as scary as I expected, but good movie.

Some couple sat next to us with 4 kids.....they finally left half-way through the movie when the kids were crying enough about being scared, ages ranging from about 3-8. Some parents need to be shot....

oh, hehe and this other guy on the other side was such a wimp!!! He kept putting his feet up in his chair and going "Oh no oh no oh no" whenever the zombies showed up. And he was a grown man :rofl: It was kinda funny hearing everyone jump and squirm. Darn, I must just be watching too many scary movies if they don't even scare me anymore....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2003
  13. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Was it OMG ZOMIE EATING YOUR FACE scary or OMG WALKING DOWN HALLWAY ZOMBIE OUT OF ****ING NOWHERE scary

Or was it just creepy scary. Like the ambience, environment and everything. Nothing really stereotypically scary, just really unsettling, makes you uncomfortable.

I prefer the latter.

14. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    there was a little of all of it actually. some creepy moments, some "jump out and get you" moments. not very graphic, alot of things were blurred, and you never get a really good view of the zombies....

though they really weren't zombies like typical zombies. I mean, these were humans infected with this rage disease (almost like rabies but 100 times worse), who did not moan and stumble, but ran quickly andseemed to have some coherency.

there was alot of darkness, alot of ambience and a good storyline. It wasn't all zombies rampaging, in fact, there was alot of in-between, where the story of the survivors was being told.

It's worth seeing. You can tell it's not a "hollywood" horror movie. It's definately UK, and I like the filming with digital video. Made it look gritty, realistic. I was a bit disappointed in the ending...but other than that, it was good. The ending wasn't terrible, but it probably coulda been better. The movie was worth the $7.50.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2003
  15. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Did anyone ever see The Omega Man? I saw it on TV when I was 7 years old. The preview of 28 Days Later reminded me of that.

Hitometer: 53,550,356 since 1995