Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

20 minutes of play, 3 attempts on my life

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ...as is always the case. i've seen all the tricks, that's the only thing that saves me. people are so much more pk-happy in HC, it's very ironic.

haha, i kill bitches. (i always say that to my brother :D )

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    hc = suck until pk is removed.

3. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    agreed. I still like the idea of a pk toggle when making a game. One pk toggle and one duel toggle. The difference would be that to duel you must both select hostle on one another. Even if one of you went hostle you can't kill the other until their button is clicked. pk's annoy the hell out of me!

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's the way it is in EverQuest. You specifically have to indicate that you want to be a PK by handing over a book in your inventory to the Priest of Discord. Otherwise, the game stops people from attacking you altogether.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    That EQ system sounds nice. I think Cow's just too audacious, I was in the game with him when he got some guy pissed off, who brought his sorceress in and wasted him. Me too if I hadn't been watching.

--Haite

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    the pks in hardcore are always 20 levels ahead of you too. they don't want to take chances. then when they get high enough in level it goes to their head.

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    PK's wouldn't bother me so much if they weren't such pricks about it. Most of the PK's I run into in softcore wait in town for someone to die, and then start jumping through all the waypoints to see which one you go to to recover your body, and then kill you while you're naked. Happened to me (again) just the other day. Hey, if the guy wants a fight, and he finds me legitimately, I will usually give him one if I am equipped (unless he's many levels above me). Nothing is more satisfying than beating a PK at his own game. But prowling on naked characters is just stupid, and it ruins the game for everyone.

Unfortunately, Blizzard's stubborn and deliberate refusal to address the situation is probably their biggest failing. They have indicated that they absolutely will not change the system from the way it is now. It's astounding. A simple switch to disallow PKing is all we need. Why Blizz insists on catering to the moronic PK minority is beyond me.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    And while we are on the subject, it also irritates me that the /whereis command tells you that every game is private. If you could actually hunt down PKs, they wouldn't be so bold. They know if you bring in a high level character to turn the tables, they can just leave and there's no way you can track them. There was a very brief period where the name of the game would show up and you could tell where people were, but Blizz got rid of that. They probably think that marking every game as private discourages PKing, but what they don't realize is it plays right into PKers' hands.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I used to use the whereis command to track down people that needed a spanking ( :p ). It was sweet!

10. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Deal with it guys. It's one way blizzard use too slow down the ladder increase. :)

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are you trying to say that allowing PKing slows down the ladder increase? (Presumably because you lose exp when you die in Hell and NM, and in HC you lose the entire character.)

If that's their solution to the ladder "problem", it's a poor one. I doubt that very many people give a rat's ass about the ladder, but a lot of people care when they have to put up with jerk PKers, esp in hardcore. Also, the characters who have to worry the most about PKers are low levels who wouldn't be on the ladder anyway. Sorry, but if that's Blizzard's justification for allowing hostility in its current form, it just sucks that much more.

12. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I hate pker's fpr that same reason, b/c they pray on the very week. I was playin ghc last week (I was clvl 10 at the time) and was in a nice party of 4 people. One of the others invited a lvl 35ish paladin into the party. He was in for about 5 seconds. Long enough to check our locations, go to town, hostile and come out after us. I must have been the closest since he came right after me. I was swamped with fallen and could not get away quickly. I did survive but would have been pissed off if I had died.

13. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    just leave the game

14. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    That is what I ended up doing. But I went to another game and had almost no life.

15. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    We shouldn't have to. This "solution" is as empty as all the other proposed "solutions." (e.g. play in password games, set clvl requirements for the game, etc.)

Plus, the fact that I can just leave the game is very much beside the point. If I am busy levelling and/or enjoying a good party game as Moose was, I should not have to leave because some a-hole wants to ruin everybody's fun. An option to disallow hostility is the only real solution.

16. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    How would you know that pker's go to church and pray every week?

17. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    :laugh: Moose is a little keyboard impaired.

18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Does demonic chicken marinate nicely?

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes, but not as nicely as a cowofwar. :)

20. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    pk has always been an element of the game, and if they take it out i'd miss it.. nothing wakes you up like that flaming skull popping up on the screen. I dont know why its a problem, or why it would need a solution. There's really no reason for blizzard to remove it, nor should they. it belongs there.

Hitometer: 53,554,772 since 1995