Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

1.10 Test Realm Patch Notes

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    See title.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Highlights: Priest talents revamp. Weather. High end dungeons reitemized, and capped at their intended player load (No more 15 man UBRS or 10 man Baron runs). Tier "0.5" dungeon sets. Tier 0 set bonuses adjusted. Questing at level 60 yields gold in place of XP (which means someone owes Firemane some cash).

Woot! :banana:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
    Jakeman likes this.
  2. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Gold given in place of experience at lvl 60 ;). Glad I saved up those completed quests for expansion LOL.

Good news for you guys since you don't raid. Sets from dungeons can be upgraded now so hopefully you still have your Magisters, Devouted, Dreadmist, Valor, etc. Probably the sets from Scholomance will be upgraded also. Happy farming.

I'm also glad they're reducing the max players that can go into those instances. Scholo, Strath, BRD are too easy to do 5-man so having more than 5 is just making it farm status. Same with LBRS/UBRS. If you guys don't have your sets yet, now is the time to get them before they lower the cap on those places.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Nut kicks:

1) Gold for quests when 60. Too bad I have completed over 100 quests since I have been 60, not to mention the devaluation of my huge savings due to a new infusion of gold from quests.

2) Significantly increased rep gain in WSG and AB. Too bad I have spent over 2 months grinding away at them already.

3) No significant mage changes, as usual. We remain glass cannons.

4) Rumor still has it that you must have magisters to access the new casual sets. Too bad I destroyed mine long ago because they were worthless.

5) New bags for my profs. Too bad I already have all bottomless bags that are soulbound.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Actually, I should be thinking about reinvesting again. I have always been aware of inflation and the need to invest in profs and items instead of having huge stockpiles of gold. But nothing I want has come up lately.

5. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    relics have also been released which means lots of runs for new sets and relics after patch is released.

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    1) That does suck, although I still have some quests left.

2) I'd be happy that the hard part of the grind (Revered/Exalted) is getting easier.

3) Working as intended. :p

4) Has it been confirmed that we need the lower set? I'm considering jumping on to the test server to check that out, I still have what Magister's I've obtained.

5) Yeah that blows you have to give up a profitable item. My only concern is that the enchanting bag be able to be placed in a bank slot, otherwise it's pointless. I have no need to carry my enchanting mats into battle.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    2) I will be exalted with AB by the time 1.10 comes out.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    So you'll have your Ironbark Staff and/or Sageclaw soon? My heart bleeds. :p

Will the AV changes make it easier or harder to gain rep (since I have none)?

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Never mind, the answer is yes you need them. Also saw somewhere that they are class specific (meaning, for example, a priest would not be able to upgrade Magister's or Dreadmist, only Devout.)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=7357025&p=1&tmp=1#post7357025

Damn should have bought the Magister's wrist when I saw it on AH for 85g. Now it's going to get more expensive.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I have just petitioned a GM for reimbursment of my 6 magisters pieces and the numerous quests I have completed. Guess what their response will be.

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    You and about 4.5 million others.

"GM laughs at you."
    "GM spits on you."
    "GM waves goodbye to you. Farewell!"
    "Tempol is out of mana."

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Holy crap, the entire patch is nothing but handouts for non-raiders. Sucks that you lost such a huge investment, Jake. A lot of your old gear will devalue, but wow... Can you believe this, they made Scholo, Strath, and BRD 5-man only, and BRS 10-man only? Finally people will have to play with a bit of skill...

I'm loving this:
    Finally they realized the mistake of nerfing SS...

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Regarding the items... he says it was too long ago and he also needs a more precise date within 2 weeks of the loss. I assume their item logs only go back so far.

Regarding the quests, no.

14. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    by the way, I like what you did with adding the "Join Date" thing, jake. :love:

15. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just had a diablo 2 flashback on seeing this thread.

16. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is the way it should be.Those instances are way too easy even before I joined my raid guild. We'd get bored and 5-man the instance for loot. You can actually 5-man LBRS and doing General with 10-man isn't all that hard. You don't really need to have skill at all but this ensure that you didn't Ebay your account or went to a leveling service that's all.

They're probably also doing this because there are a lot of farmers out there that would go on these raids just for loot and not really contribute. I've seen quite a few of these types on my server before.

17. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Funny, loot is hard to come by in the 15-man ubrs runs, at least as far as I've seen. I always figured the farmers wouldn't bother - you can make a lot more gold per hour farming herbs over ubrs.

Hitometer: 53,551,482 since 1995