braveah.com Forum Index
Author Message
<  The Inn  ~  Soapbox
Temerity
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:55 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 40

This thread is for discussing things purely for the sound of your own voice, or the sight of your own type, or whatever. Threads that have degenerated into uselessness will be redirected here. Also, if you have a rant of some kind, it belongs here too.

For instance:

OMFG, pickup groups suck. I was in a DM West the other night where

1. The dumbass mage didn't listen when I told him the tree boss summons pats now.

2. His replacement had a cow when I asked for some conjured food- and, since I was playing my priest, I fucking needed it.

3. I sprained a finger casting Flash Heal, Heal and Renew on the tank while the rogue did nothing but type "HEAL, HEAL!" in party chat.

4. The rogue then went on to tell me I "barely healed" during the fight, despite my sprained finger.

Bunch of savages in this realm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rheann
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:38 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Location: OMGHot Hill Country, Texas

I agree with the suckiness of Pick up Groups.

1. Don't break my sheep

2. Running in front of the nice lv 60 rogue helping us thru Uldaman as a lv 40 is a very very bad idea

3. Don't break the sheep

4. Yes, i was healing.. just not you. My druid healing goes in this order.. Tank, MA, Priest, Me, everyone else.......... then maybe the stupid people.

5. Don't break the sheep.

6. Please, if you are the priest and there is no other healer type in the group.... get out of shadow form.

7. See 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jaden
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:39 pm  Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Posts: 36

Followup to this thread as directed:

Temerity wrote:
This discussion no longer has anything to do with any "member suggestions". Please direct any further comments to the "Soapbox" thread in the Inn subforum.

_____________________

You say Laila has not commited an appeal to authority:

Temerity wrote:
Laila has not committed the logical fallacy you impute to him.


...but then you say he has appealed to his authority.

Temerity wrote:
You are incorrectly using technical terms from his area of expertise, and he has pointed that out to you.


...so you are in conflict.

Laila has failed to say why my usage is wrong. He laid out his credentials and then said I am wrong without providing any other justification. That is an appeal to authority.

Temerity wrote:
Imagine the following dialogue.

JADEN: The heart is the seat of emotions and regulates the bodily humours.

PERRY COX, MD: Medically, everything you just said is total bullshit. I know this because I went to medical school and have been a practicing physician for many years... Doris.

JADEN: You cannot refute my argument by appeal to authority. Or by calling me a girl's name.

COX: *snarls, grimaces, throws up hands*


Your example has me making an unsupported claim which is inconsistent with my posts in this thread, so your example is not representative and therefore invalid. I have clearly provided supporting sources and argumentation for all of my claims. In addition, your example has me wrongly placing the burden of proof Dr. Cox which is also inconsistent... it would be my responsibility to support my claim before asking him to prove me wrong.

Temerity wrote:
You, on the other hand, are using a forensic technique worthy of a radio talk show host- you assume your ignorance of the facts puts you on an equal footing with those less ignorant.


I have made no such assumption in public or private. Now you get to explain why I am ignorant, just as Laila still needs to explain why my usage is wrong.

Am I ignorant because I am wrong? Why am I wrong? Because you say so? Because Laila is a lawyer working on his PhD? I need a better reason than that if I am to be convinced of your claim, and I am very open to being convinced.

Now then, I believe you two are arguing against this post by me:

Jaden wrote:
Due process is more than following rules. It speaks of protection against arbitrary decisions (see definition). Without representation or a system of appeals, the player who disagrees with such a decision will feel wronged (enters drama). The decision that is made in advance is no longer arbitrary because members choose to join the raid which is bound by that decision.

I would like to preempt yet another semantical debate by drawing a distinction between 'decision' and 'policy.' The current legendary policy makes the decision to delay the decision which is not a decision. For example, this is not a decision:

Leaders shall have discretion over legendary loot restrictions at the time of loot.

This is a decision:

There are no class restrictions on TF bindings other than those on the bindings themselves (only Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Rogue can bid). A minimum bid of 100 dkp is required as well as a minimum eDKP of 500. No other restrictions apply. The player who wins one binding will be given the second one for free.


I recommend you start by either discrediting my dictionary source, showing that I have misrepresented the dictionary definition, or arguing against my claims of arbitrariness following the definition.

_________________
water plz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote






This is getting real Dumb! All this talk started out as a Members suggestion, that someone or people took it the wrong way and started using big words to flex their Intelligence. Itís pretty obvious that people who clam to be adults canít drop itÖÖ Shocked
Back to top
Jaden
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:01 pm  Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Posts: 36

Anonymous wrote:
This is getting real Dumb!


I agree, but it's good mental exercise.

Anonymous wrote:
Itís pretty obvious that people who clam to be adults canít drop itÖÖ


I need to know why I am wrong. Unfortunately my quest for "why" has met with little success.

_________________
water plz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:39 am  Reply with quote






I wasn't saying your wrong but people kept pushing the subject into something else.......If someone was saying your wrong I understand why this would keep up but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this to end.
Back to top
FoxyLady
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:07 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 159
Location: N. Dallas, TX

I am personally about to delete every single post .... yes I want this to end..... at this point has turned into a pee contest......sigh

_________________
Warmly,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
braveah.com Forum Index  ~  The Inn

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Watch this topic for replies
 
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and NoseBleed v1.09